Recommended Reading & Resources
Introduction to dieselpunk
- Larry Amyett, "The Philosophy of Dieselpunk," Gatehouse Gazette 17 (March 2011)
- Nick Ottens, "Decodence," Never Was Magazine (January 1, 2010)
- Aja Romano, "Dieselpunk for beginners: Welcome to a world where the ’40s never ended," Daily Dot (October 8, 2013)
- Tome Wilson, "The tenets of dieselpunk culture," Dieselpunks (March 2, 2010)
- Tome Wilson, "It's Not the Years, Honey, It's the Mileage," Gatehouse Gazette 22 (August 2012)
- "The dark side of dieselpunk," The Flying Fortress (June 4, 2008)
History of dieselpunk
Period alternate history
- Nick Ottens, "What If World War II Never Ended?" Never Was Magazine (September 30, 2018)
- Nick Ottens, "What If the Axis Won World War II?" Never Was Magazine (December 23, 2018)
- Nick Ottens, "How to Change World War II," Never Was Magazine (May 12, 2019)
- Nick Ottens, "What If World War II Never Happened?" Never Was Magazine (May 31, 2020)
- Stefan Prohaczka, Diesel City: Fiction Reveals Truth That Reality Obscures (2012)
- Decopix: Art Deco architecture.
- Dieselpunk: @Larry blogs about diesel-era film, history and radio.
- Dieselpunk Encyclopedia: Created by @Larry and @lord_k.
- Flying Clippers: Relive the days of Pan American Airways and their fabulous flying boats.
- Metapunk: @Marcus blogs about 'punk, popular fiction and politics.
- Modern Mechanix: Archive of the iconic popular science magazine.
- The Flying Fortress: No longer updated, but used to publish genre analysis.
- The Old Shelter: 1920s history and fiction by Sarah Zama.
- Thrilling Tales of the Downright Unusual: Lightly interactive dieselpunk stories written and illustrated by Bradley W. Schenck.