Steampunk project research

Hey everybody,

I'm a journalism student at uni and I'm creating a Steampunk magazine as my final project.

I need to do market research as part of this, so I was wondering if you could help me.

All I need is:
Highest Education Level

any help is useful.

Thanks

Comments

• Dan, please make your presence known at our welcome section, we'd be happy to help your inquiries further.

As for I;
    Male
    MA
    Male
    BSME
    Female
    A2 (Belgian type of education)
    Female
    Postgraduate
  • As for me:

Male
    PhD (doctorate)
    Male
    MA
    Male
    BE
  • Wouldn't you be intrested in the fact wether someone aged x, gender z and education a is actually interested in (yet another) steampunk magazine, and what they want to see in it? If it's all about "How to make your own steampunk..." I wouldn't bother, regardless of my age, gender and education.
  • He's doing a final project for uni. Frankly I think he could choose far worse than a steampunk magazine. Some encouragement for people to delve into the realms of steampunk would be nice.
    There's no need to shoot it down before it's even been made.
  • Yaghish wrote:
    Wouldn't you be intrested in the fact wether someone aged x, gender z and education a is actually interested in (yet another) steampunk magazine, and what they want to see in it? If it's all about "How to make your own steampunk..." I wouldn't bother, regardless of my age, gender and education.
    It's research for a uni project, I need evidence there is a market, and besides, I think there is a need for an upmarket SP mag with more than DYI and Fiction in it.

I was planning on showcasing the music and photography talent, interviews. You know, good magazine stuff.

It's easy to naysay, at least be helpful and leave the info and a suggestive idea. Otherwise, keep it quiet.
  • Well there ARE upmarket magazines like that, but sadly not in actual magazine stands or at least well distributed. Gatehouse Gazette is an online magazine, SPM is barely released and there are a couple of others that also mainly exist online so I do think that if your final project is something that is supposed to be on newsstands and magazine stores there is most definitely a market for it.

I think it's a good final project, heck if I were studying journalism I probably would have done the same thing :)
    Female
    Undergrad.