Steampunk Web Series - Riese

edited October 2010 in Steam
I tried looking for a thread made for all shows and movies, like the one we have for books but could not find one. If one does exist then I'll be happy to move this post there. If one doesn't it may be a good idea so make one.

Here's what Syfy has to say about their new series, set to air on October 26th:
"Syfy.com premieres the steampunk digital series Riese: Kingdom Falling, winner of Streamy Awards for Best Cinematography and nominee for Best Sound Design and Art Direction. The series was created by Ryan Copple and Kaleena Kiff and produced by Galen Fletcher and Nicholas Humphries.

Riese: Kingdom Falling takes place in Eleysia, a dying kingdom where distrust and anxiety have clouded people's minds, causing a regression into primitive ways of thinking. Rituals and mythology have resurged, and the darker side of mankind has begun to reveal itself. Riese, a wanderer, travels across the decaying land with her wolf, Fenrir. Marked as a heretic by religious group The Sect and the new Empress, Riese must evade their assassins and discover their true intentions for Eleysia.

Narrated by Amanda Tapping (Sanctuary), the series stars a cavalcade of talent from the world of popular speculative drama including Christine Chatelain (The Bone Collector); Sharon Taylor (Stargate Universe); Ben Cotton (Harper's Island), Allison Mack (Smallville); Ryan Robbins (Caprica); Patrick Gilmore (Stargate Universe); Alessandro Juliani (Battlestar Galactica) and Emilie Ullerup (Sanctuary). "

I for one am excited to see how it turns out. You can find more information at these two sites.

Syfy
Riese the Series

Comments

• It's more like dieselpunk with nazi-mystics mixed, I have the impression.
  • Yaghish wrote:
    It's more like dieselpunk with nazi-mystics mixed, I have the impression.
    I sort of got that vibe from it as well. But Everything I've read claims that it's pretty steamy. Those a lot of that looked forced, I mean everything was cogs and brown leather. Made me think that they tried a little too hard to make it seem steam punk.
  • There's already a nice-sized thread on Riese, here :)

As you rightly pointed out, we don't have a specific single thread for shows and movies, but we have a forum section for all movies and TV (the Emporium), so generally there's a whole thread for a single show :) Hope that helps.

I'll close this thread and link back to your post in the other thread :)
This discussion has been closed.