By Piecraft

1. Proto-Diesel
  2. Diesel Classics
  3. Diesel's Punk

Period alternate history

Art

Dieselpunk websites

Comments

• Please recommend readings and resources in the comments!

I might not add everything to the opening post - I want to keep that list relatively manageable for people who are new to the genre. But then they can always explore this thread if they want to learn more.

• edited January 3

For those interested in fashion of the era, there is a series of books, published by Dover Fashion and Costumes, which is a compilation of images from Sears catalogs. They're really good, because they show you actual garments that were sold back in the day, very good research if you are into that sort of thing. They are black and white though, which I know might be off putting to some. All of these are by JoAnne Olian. I get mine via Book Depository as Wordery doesn't carry them and my local stores won't order them in, but if you're not suffering the misfortune of living in a small (minded) town in Belgium, you should be able to find a non-Amazon alternative if you so desire :).

• Everyday Fashions of the Forties,
    • Everyday Fashions of the Thirties
    • Everyday Fashions 1909-20 (that one is steam/diesel)
  • A sad announcement: @Larry is ending his blog, Dieselpunk.

Dieselpunk as a genre never grew. It never achieved the popularity of Steampunk. Early hopes of Dieselpunk conventions or Dieselpunk organizations never appeared. A Dieselpunk community never seemed to form. 

Over time, I’ve found myself pulled to other projects. Later this year, I will have a book on philosophy/ spirituality published. I’m also starting a new business along with writing another book. Plus, I have a life and obligations with family and friends.

Therefore, the time has come for me to move on. This entry is my last on this blog.

Thank you for all the excellent content over the years!