1945A an exercise in short film making

I came upon this short film, about five minutes worth, called 1945A. Of course, its an alternate history of WWII. The classic "What If" Nazi-era scientist had developed more fantastic wonder weapons.

Kudos to filmmaker Ryan Nagata.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPnINKwWUiY

Comments

• Excellent - great ideas, succinctly and professionally done.

On a practical note, the machine looks pretty unweildy on its feet - a good shot from a piat should take one of the legs out (even to create a crater at one of its feet, thereby unbalancing it), rendering the thing unmoveable...
  • Excellent piece of work.
    I Wonder if there will be an independent film about it.
    And the American accent of the German officer is such a nice reccuring feature, you get it in almost every WWII production except for "The Longest Day".
  • I'm afraid I'm not able to watch it with sound right now but the visuals look pretty great!
  • Albrecht wrote:
    And the American accent of the German officer is such a nice reccuring feature, you get it in almost every WWII production except for "The Longest Day".
    I'd never pick up on this, being a non-German speaker!
  • edited January 2010
    Albrecht wrote:
    I'd never pick up on this, being a non-German speaker!
    Well, there must be some advantage of having German as your native language after all... Even if it is just spotting accents in movie nazis... ;) :D
  • Even in A Bridge Too Far? :p
  • Ahhh... Forgot about that one. There are a few in that time with German Germans (errrhhh...) there ius also one about the war in the desert, can't think of the name, though.
  • Steiner wrote:
    Even in A Bridge Too Far? :p
    Do its Dutch characters speak proper Dutch? I remember seeing Norwegian Liv Ullman in such a role.
  • The Desert Fox?
    Nope, no German actor in that one...

I guess I am actually mixing up two different movies here: The One that got away and The Wild Geese (Hardy Krüger is in both of them)
  • Wow, that was awesome! It's incredible what some people can do on a minuscule budget :D