Pin-Up and Nose Art (NSFW)

edited February 2009 in Atomic
Okay folks, lets bring out the old stuff once again with old nose art and pin up. I said this is NSFW just to be safe, although I know most people won't be offended by this sort of stuff.

I love how innocent this all is now days.

pin.jpg

pinup13.jpg

27400652_231de8f377.jpg

PIN-UP05.jpg

PINUP167.jpg

pinup.jpg

Nose Art!

noseart.jpg

A-26B_Invader_Nose_Art_from_WWII_da.jpg

It even ends up on motorcycles...

noseartongastank.jpg

This is by an artist known as Bawidamann. I like his stuff, even if it is all new and more cartoony. Still has the basic ideas right.

deathfromabove.jpg

desertmarinegirl_home.jpg

secretweapnos_home.jpg

spacegirl2.jpg

oneruderide.jpg

Your turn, GO!

Comments

• Does this mean I have to put up the pin-up 50ties clocks again?
  • Those are quite lovely! Indeed, it's charming how innocent those images are, compared to sex being everywhere nowadays. I'm particularly fond of that Bawidamann's "babes in space" pictures. Very retro-futuristic!
  • Love NOSE ART!

Long time fan of Bawidamann. He is actually very, very popular among the modern special operations community for his accurate weapons/uniforms on 'cheesecake.'
  • Not a pin up, but still on topic, me thinks:

d1ea767d2891fd7eea-223x300.jpg
  • Time for a walk in the bracingly cold country air, again, methinks...
  • That's a great collection of pin-ups and the nose art is wonderful!

I also like the cartoony ones, specifically the "Secret Weapons" lady. I think I shall have to find a similar outfit to hers - it's fantastic!

The rocketship ones are kind of silly due to the obvious phallic imagery :P
  • Again, not a pin up, but still cute.

3236201938_492b26a006_m.jpg

Photograph by Gordon Parks.
  • edited February 2009
    Space age style

It comes in some other backgrounds too but I like this one best :)
  • Here are two of my favourites:

Pin-Up-Girl-with-Inkstains.jpg

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=1408535

Gotta love a pin-up girl holding a book! Sexy librarians will always be in style.
  • I've hit the motherload thanks to my lj-flist.

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/
  • Here is another if you like the new retro/hot rod scene.

Hearbreaker Fashion
  • Wow, some of those dresses are great. I specifically love the red gingham sweetie dress from the link you posted, Red Seven.
  • *burbles incoherently and goes to hide where the wonderful evilness of the internet cannot reach him*
  • navy-blue-albums-corvette-c1-posters-picture8070-hildenbrandt-yellow-rose-corvette.jpg - This is the Yellow Rose of Texas poster I broguht recently. The link in the Car thread didn't work for some of you though.

I also brought a Baron Von Lind and a Gil Elvgren a couple of years back, though I'm sure there must be pics of those up here somewhere in the decor' thread.
  • "Watch Your Curves!" indeed!
  • I've got a couple of art books on order (I must come across as such a perv) but I'm after another print; perhaps the lass with the book that the colonel posted, if I can get it.
  • At Hilde's insistence.... ;)

silk_spectre.jpg

The Silk Spectre! Note that there's a good amount of fanart out there too.

Which reminded me of a certain character from Sin City...

carla.jpg
  • Oh, and something semi-related:

gp-summer1957-11.jpg?w=460&h=598
  • The work of Mr. Elvgren:

artattackElvgren%20(1).jpg

artattackElvgren%20(10).jpg

artattackElvgren%20(19).jpg
  • Oh, those are quite lovely! :D
  • Found this:

Fruehjahrsputz_by_Theleria.jpg

By "Theleria".
  • DRCC1065H,-Paris-Parade-Coc.jpg

Paris Parade Cocktail, 1952
  • Those shoes seem highly improbable. I think it would be all but impossible to walk in them :O
  • I think those are called "ballet boots" or something similar. You see them sold on various Goth and fetish sites but I've never actually seen anyone wearing them.
  • As you can see, the appropriate time to wear such is when you're sitting naked in a huge cocktail.
  • I will keep that in mind next time I have the opportunity to wear such boots :P
  • Ottens wrote:
    As you can see, the appropriate time to wear such is when you're sitting naked in a huge cocktail.
    Obviously, and now we know where Dita von Teese stole her idea for commercials etc in that style too :)
  • edited March 2009
    anonymous-army-air-force-pin-up-girl-poster-1186288.jpg

This one looks like Badiwanna's work, although its for a bicycle tire shop in Oregon.
    pin-up-shirt-lg.gif

world-war-two-sexy-pinup-aibrush-art.jpg

pin_grable.jpg

Ms. Dolores Moran
    2183102337_f051776c78.jpg?v=0

Ms. Ava Gardner
    Annex%20-%20Gardner,%20Ava_19.jpg?b1b7cb08

And here is the stuff I have on my bike. Horrible pic of the bike, so I added a little off the AMR site that made the graphics.

DSCN0638-1.jpg

SUZUKI-DRZ-400-TBOMBER-BLUE-SHROUD.jpg
  • I didn't realize they made such imagery for motorcycles! it's a good thing they do!

Nrs. 1 and 3 are my favorites in your post. Very patriotic! ;)